ISO 9000 is a set of stardards for quality management systems. Thousands of companies are using it and many more are adopting it each day. It controls quality and saves money. ISO 9000 applies to companies and organizations of all sizes and types. ISO 9001 is one of the members of the ISO 9000 family and includes the following requirements:
- Procedures that cover all of the main processes in the business
- Proper record keeping
- Effective process monitoring
- Quality control and checking output for defects
- Correcting defects
- Reviewing individual processes
- Reviewing the quality system for effectiveness
- Facilitating continual improvement
Certification to an ISO 9000 standard certifies that a formal process is being applied to a business process. ISO 9000 standards apply to physical products, services, and software.
ISO 9000 covers what quality management systems are and contains the core language of the ISO 9000 family. It is a guidance document used to understand terms and voculabulary related to quality management systems.
Proper quality management improves business, stimulates investment, growth in sales, market share, growth in profit margins, and competitive advantage.
ISO 9000 Advantages
Implementing ISO 9000 often gives the following advantages:
- Creates efficient operations
- Reduces audits
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Marketing enhancement
- Increases profits
- Improves employee relations
- International trade promotion
- Increases productivity
Previous: ISO 14000